Tuesday 13 December 2011

Well, there's good news and bad news


Let's start with the good news, I have found a way of publishing a picture of my bruised rear end. Result eh?

The bad news is that the arnica isn't working overly fast, it's still bloody sore! Luckily I had the fore-sight all those years ago to marry a physio, again good and bad news here. Good news, I don't have to wait for treatment, bad news, there is no avoiding the accompanying exercise regime.

Good news also that we have our works Christmas lunch tomorrow, and the lady who has drawn me in Secret Santa has promised to get me something cycley.

The bad news is that I have yet to purchase my Secret Santa gift! Anyone have any ideas what to buy a 59 year old? I have discounted the obvious, and left with a desk calendar, bath salts (do they still sell them anywhere?), a book, a bottle of wine or some chocolates. I was toying with the idea of the latest Cycling Plus, working on the theory that she would just leave it lieing around and I could then take it. I have Tescos in Shepton before 8.30 in the morning as the only reasonable place to get this ostentatious and amusing gift, and a fiver to spend. God help me, and her!

I'm off to lie down again now, with an ice pack and a can of cider!

No comments:

Post a Comment